All quiet on the sewing front...

I'm so very frustrated friends…frustrated at the lack of sewing time I've had since returning from my holiday! It's been manic catching up with work and even more so catching up with friends. Last weekend I had lovely friends to stay and as I write this, I am waiting for a different group of lovely friends to arrive for the weekend. This is lovely of course, but it inevitably eats into precious sewing time. Ironically, I even posted more whilst on holiday!

I hope to get back to normal next week and I've also managed to keep a couple of upcoming weekends clear. Anyway, for now, I just wanted to reassure you that I'm still here and very much thinking about sewing even if I haven't actually been doing much of it of late.
 
Lonsdale Dress bodice muslin as proof that I have made a start on this and a snap of my fabric especially for Krafty Kat – I think it's the same one she used for her Crescent Skirt, but in a different colour!


I've also been flying the flag for fellow vintage pattern shopaholics too. Whilst on holiday I became obsessed with summery 1930s and 1940s numbers, so I purchased my first ever lot of Eva Dress patterns and I’m happy to say that I’m enchanted by them!

My little brain too has been working overtime, because when I’m not physically sewing I’m thinking about what I’d like to be sewing! Along with vintage-inspired pinnies for my Etsy-store-in-progress, I decided it would be nice to play around with detachable collars and not just the traditional peter pan ones.


I personally love detachable collars, but what do you think? Do you think they’d make good gifts? Would you wear them? Or do you think they’re a waste of time?



14 comments:

  1. no way waste of time! fabulous - completely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been sewing at all either! I really need to get back into it. There are so many things I want to make. Now I am working full time again I have less time so need to plan out my sewing time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, the Lonsdale dress is going to look super sweet on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe thanks for the pic! I spent ages comparing it with my skirt and I'm not completely sure if it is the same pattern, I still can't work it out! However it is certainly very simar and I reckon it will look gorgeous as a Lonsdale! Also I'm very interested to see how you did the neck on your muslin...yet another way to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the EvaDress patterns you choose! That Lonsdale muslin is looking fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love all of these patterns, in fact, I love all the patterns you have! where do you get them? xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pointy button down one!! (and I completely feel your sewing frustration!)
    Px

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those collars. I for one will be wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh lovely collars, I think it's a great idea for your Etsy shop, I'd love one to just add to different outfits without making it a permanent feature. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the comments and especially for the feedback on detachable collars...looks like they're a winner!

    Kat - all I did with the Lonsdale straps is cross them over without tying a knot. Super easy ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Lonsdale is looking good. I love the collars! I haven't personally worn any before, but I would like to. What a great way to change up a dress, or a blouse. Definitely not a waste of time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are lovely! Do you have any idea where I could get patterns for those myself?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Regina! If you mean the patterns with detachable collars, they are ones I've collected over the years from Etsy (www.etsy.com) and eBay (www.ebay.co.uk). The 1930s/40s Eva Dress patterns are from: http://www.evadress.com/patterns-00.html. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where would I find the Advance Pattern? Such a cool looking detachable collar?

    ReplyDelete