Aprons a plenty!

I've expanded my apron collection (remember my buttons and bows apron minus the buttons and bows?) by going a touch crazy with Simplicity 1805:

 
The variations were so pretty that I decided to make them all...apart from view 3, as I didn't have any Ric Rac to hand. I also made alterations to view 4 by sewing the 'ruffle' shape onto the body of the apron and by omitting the pockets to better show off the fabric's pattern.

Aprons are so much fun to make as you can be really creative with notions and colours and generally go a bit wild! They are deceptively time-consuming though and if I'm going to be selling them on my friend's website (launching on 1 October), I have to seriously consider pricing in a way that doesn't alienate people, but is also worth my while. Any suggestions on pricing would be very welcome please! Anyway, without further ado, I introduce:

Strawberry Polka Dots




Pin-Up Polkas




Strawberry Red




9 comments:

  1. What a great pattern! Your fabric choices are so cute! I especially love the pin up one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! I've never received a comment so fast before ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE these! how fantastic! What a great pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This are ADORABLE! I LOVE the Strawberry Polka-Dots one! I would love to get my hands on this pattern and make one for myself! Those ruffles are just the bees knees!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the tiered ruffles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute!!! I also love the pin-up fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute, what fun. I love the strawberry Polka dot one and I think the Pin Up Polka dot fabric is amazing. We will have to talk about pricing.

    Speak soon. Kikou x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, just found your pinny selection, they're gorgeous. Will be following your apron habit avidly from now on! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty stuff, well done! (I think I have that pattern, too, but haven't made it yet.)

    ReplyDelete