Unveiling the birth of a new project - Simplicity 1598

On Sunday I dove straight into my pattern stash and picked out my new project – Simplicity 1598. I have so many beautiful vintage patterns, but I think I've been too afraid to use them and expose my sewing inexperience. So in an attempt to cast my self-doubt aside (which mostly has to do with the fitting side of garment-making), I cut out my pattern and can't wait to get stuck in.

I've chosen to make the body of the dress in a black cotton with a slightly stretchy feel. Although you can't see the detail in the picture, the black fabric has small raised polka dots on it. For the sleeves I chose a chintzy looking flowery cotton (a £2 sheet from a charity shop) for a vintage feel. Hope it turns out well!



5 comments:

  1. ohh! this is super cute...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks rachel, i need it ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's coming along nicely if I do say so myself...pictures to follow soon!

    ReplyDelete