First ever completed sewing project

After visiting a friend's house last year, I was left mesmerised by her dressmaker's dummy, vintage patterns, hoards of fabrics and beautiful creations. Desperate to jump on the sewing band wagon, I decided to join her on a 10-week evening course. It wasn't until the 10 weeks were over that I realised just how much I enjoyed myself – despite my first endeavour being shockingly bad and still unfinished – and I signed up for another 10 weeks, with all intentions of keeping it up.

Anyway, I thought I'd share my first completed project – Simplicity 2591 in pretty green cotton floral:


The finished product is by no means perfect (in fact it's a little wonky for some reason) but as a first attempt, I'm very proud of it:


I'm especially happy with how the zip and cap sleeves worked out:

6 comments:

  1. Marie mou, this is absolutely amazing - I can't believe you made the dress. I love your blog. Bravo. filakix Litsou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this was your FIRST completed sewing project?! Very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, that's very kind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the dress and the material. I just had a look on your blog after I've seen you joined mine as a follower. Thank you. I have just finished a dress in exactly the same fabric. I'll be writing a post about it soon. Well done, this does not look like a beginners project at all. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent, I'll look forward to seeing your dress in the same fabric, which I've also seen in a navy too! I really do enjoy your updates and I aspire to make dresses as good as yours ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just catching up on the Seamwork Radio podcast, and am listening to your episode. I just HAD to come and check out the first dress! It is lovely! Now to catch up on all your blog posts :-) Might take a while.

    ReplyDelete